NIMA clinic is one of the OPD clinics and responsible for the health and safety of the hundreds of students and NIMA’s Staff. It started in April 01.04.2009 under ASDP project in DMTVET, and remains open from 7:30 am till 4:30 pm. NIMA clinic has sufficient equipment, medicine and stuff to take care of their responsibility and their patients.
Focus on Clinic:
To develop student safety and health care for a healthy environment, and continue their education without any hesitancy and problems. We have many poor students they don’t have the money to check up and treat their sickness to other private hospital, moreover they don’t have enough time to stay at line and waste hours for seeing a doctor in a governmental hospital. For a student time is very important and precious, So NIMA clinic is the only reason to treat the student perfectly on time and giving awareness for infectious disease and other incidents and emergency situation.
Activities and treatment that NIMA’s clinic has been accomplished for the sick student and NIMA’s staff,
1.Check and examine OPD patient
2. Register them to registration book
3. Checking and following the patient that registered and treated one day before.
4. Preparing and giving information about infectious disease and ways of the prevention, to student and NIMA’s staff.
5. Instructing and advising the health committee for keeping clean their environment.
6. Performing the small surgery procedure that is possible in the clinic
7. Having necessary preparation for treating the epidemic incident and reporting to the relevant administration.
8. Consulting and instructing students and staff to keep a clean environment.
9. In case of facing with hazardous incidence that is not possible to treat in clinic and carrying the patient to other relevant hospital.
We offered Health and Safety presentation to the Students, with the heads of NIMA’s institute, and the following topic has been presented.
Following OPD disease has been treated in NIMA’s Clinic:
1. Respiratory disease: common cold, phrangitis, Tonsillitis, Sinusitis, pneumonia,
2. Infectious disease: Malaria, Typhoid fever, etc.
3. gastroenterology disease: Acute gastroenteritis, Diarrhea, Vomiting, peptic ulcer disease, gastrointestinal reflex, Acute gastritis, food poisoning
4. Urinary Tract disease: cystitis, Urethritis, Acute pyelonephritis. Etc
5. ENT Disease: Otitis Media, Otities externa, etc
6. Surgical Dressing: Small and big injuries
7. Shocks: Hypo volimic shock.
8. Slight disease like headache, body pain, etc
9. CNS system anxiety, epilepsy, etc